Welcome New Families!
Welcome to Socrates! We are so pleased that you have decided to join our family. We've gathered some information that we think will be benefiical to your transition, but our website holds even more! We encourage you to explore and learn about our wonderful school. Welcome!
Spiritwear is sold by our PFI and can be worn on Fridays. Purchase Spirit Wear >>
Hot Lunch Program - Socrates is pleased to offer hot, catered lunches for our scholars. Use code 278SANC when setting up your account. Set up a Hot Lunch account >>
Supporting the School
Parent involvement, through volunteering, is a big part of what makes Socrates Academy so special. Each family is required to complete 36 hours of volunteer service per school year. Don’t worry! There are plenty of opportunities to do that throughout the school year.
Here are some examples:
- Serve on one of the many committees at our school. The PFI, the BOD, and the Foundation all have committees that manage different projects. This is a great way to get involved!
- Serve as a chaperone with your scholar’s class at the Greek Festival in September.
- Help the Homeroom Parent(s) with a class party or activity.
- Work at the fall or spring book fair for a few hours.
- Volunteer to serve hot lunch to our scholars.
- Help manage the school store cart in the morning before school begins.
Newsletter: The Socrates Connection is a weekly newsletter that is sent out via email. Please take the time each week to read The Connection. This communication is the best way to stay up-to-date on all activities, events, and general important information at your scholar’s grade level. Be sure to keep your email address current with the main office staff.
Calling the School: Please avoid calling the school during morning and afternoon carpool. We are only able to connect a call directly to the classroom in an emergency. If you call and request to speak with a teacher, you will be put through to their voicemail.
Speaking with Administration: If you have concerns that are classroom related, please discuss them directly with the teacher before speaking with an Administrator.